This set contains the required resources for your student to successfully complete the Exploring Creation with Physical Science course, as well as several additional resources that will help maximize your student’s experience with the material. The Physical Science SuperSet includes five items from Apologia’s Exploring Creation with Physical Science product line: the textbook, tests & solutions manual, student notebook, MP3 audio CD, and video instruction DVD.
In the Exploring Creation with Physical Science textbook there are many hands-on experiments to do, and they all use household chemicals and supplies. It is an excellent course for preparing the student to take a college-prep high school science curriculum.
The second edition of our physical science course has several features that enhance the value of the course:
• There is more color in this edition as compared to the previous edition, and many of the drawings that are in the first edition have been replaced by higher-quality drawings.
• There are more experiments in this edition than there were in the previous one. In addition, some of the experiments that were in the previous edition have been changed to make them even more interesting and easy to perform.
• Advanced students who have the time and the ability for additional learning are directed to online resources that give them access to advanced subject matter.
• To aid the student in reviewing the course as a whole, there is an appendix that contains questions which cover the entire course. The solutions and tests manual has the answers to those questions.
• Dr. Wile has been answering student questions on each of these course for seven years or more. Those questions have allowed him to realize what sections of the books could be written more clearly. Thus, these editions of our courses are even more understandable than the first editions!
• The student text has graphic icons that tell the student when there is a related multimedia presentation on the optional multimedia CD.
• There are course websites that have links to materials which provide extra help as well as interesting news related to each field.
Tests & Solutions:
• There are cumulative tests in the solutions and tests guide if the parent/teacher wants to give the student quarterly, semester, or final exams.
• The tests in the solutions and tests guide contain a point system that aids the parent/ teacher in grading the them.
• Finally, even though the module tests are found in the solutions and tests manual (so that the parent/teacher always has a copy of them), a second set of tests is also provided in a perforated booklet. This will allow the student to be given the tests without referring to the solutions and tests manual.
This is a great way to help your junior high students develop the independent study skills they’ll need as they prepare to make the transition to high school. This companion notebook designed to be used with Exploring Creation with Physical Science, 2nd Edition will deepen their understanding of the textbook as they explore what God’s Word has to say about the workings of His creation. Includes bonus material from Debra Bell’s Study Smart Student Toolkit.
MP3 Audio CD:
This item is not returnable once opened!
This is the perfect accompaniment to the book for students who are auditory learners or have reading challenges. Must play it in an MP3-compatible CD player or on a computer.
This CD contains a complete audio recording of the course Exploring Creation with Physical Science, 2nd Edition as read by Kathleen Wile. Although the audio for the complete text and “On Your Own” problems is included on the CD, the audio for the study guides, tests, and answers is not included. This is the perfect accompaniment to the book for students who are auditory learners, slow readers, or have other learning disabilities that make reading difficult.
Please note that this is not a standard CD. It is an MP3-CD. This means that in order to listen to this CD, you must play it in an MP3-compatible CD player or on a computer.
This item is not returnable once opened!
NOTE: You must have a program capable of playing .wmv files and opening .pdf files. Your computer must have a screen resolution of at least 1280x1024. Not for use in DVD players.
Want to make science exciting for your student but you don’t know a photon from a photosphere? Enhance your student’s understanding of physical science with this excellent instructional DVD featuring Apologia Academy teacher Rusty Hughes. Packed with more than nineteen hours of instruction, this DVD also contains printable notes from the lectures and video presentations of all forty-eight experiments from the Exploring Creation with Physical Science, 2nd Edition textbook.